If you just do woodworking as a hobby, then you don’t definitely need the most expensive, the most powerful, or the latest technologically equipped miter saw while you’re doing woodwork. If, however, you are a professional contractor, then the rules change. You want the latest, best, most accessorized miter saw available on the market. And trust me when I say that there are literally hundreds upon hundreds of miter saws available on the market. Choosing just the right one can be difficult. Here is my list (in no particular order) of the three best miter saws currently available for professional contractors.
1. Dewalt 15 Amp 12 Inch Bevel Compound Miter Saw. This Bevel Compound Miter saw is powerful, and light weight. It is one of the most affordable, yet quality miter saws currently available on the market, and is very easy to use. The greatest things about this bevel compound miter saw is that it comes with a wide range of presets, and has a very excellent build and quality, not to mention its exceptionally high mark for accuracy. It also comes with a five year warranty. The downside to this bevel compound miter saw is that there have been a few (not many) complaints about the product being defective. But don’t worry too much. The five year warranty should cover the majority of these complaints.
2. The HitachiC10FCE2 15 Amp 10 Inch Single Bevel Compound Miter Saw. This miter saw comes with an extremely hard core motor and is full of great features. The versatility of this miter saws is what makes it one of the best currently on the market. It will smoothly cut through any type of wood available. Here are a few of the many features that makes this miter saws one of the best available for professional carpenters:
- -it has a powerful 15 amp motor with a speed of 5,000 RPM
- -positive miter stops are easily activated by using the thumb control available
- -it comes with a very cozy, easily graspable handle
- -it comes with a built – in clamping system
- -it comes with a large table so that you can easily work on any of your projects
- -it has a bevel range of 45 degrees
- -its tooth is ten inches in tungsten carbide
- -it comes with a substantial flip fence which can rise up to four inches
Overall, this miter saw is definitely simple to use, and easy to maneuver. The only downside to this miter saw is that if you are going to be working in very fine detail, then you will need to purchase an upgraded blade. (check out more compound miter saw reviews)
3. Dewalt 12 Inch Double Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw. This miter saw is an awesome tool with wide range of options and excellent accuracy. Many will say that this miter saw is the absolute best available on the market. It comes with an amazing XPS alignment system. It also has exceptionally awesome dust collection. When you’re finished with this miter saw, you can conveniently fold it into a compact package. The only real down side to this miter saw, other than the very high price, is that weighing 56 pounds makes it a bit difficult to tote around.